Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Valentines, earrings, and bows, OH MY!

So, after a small hiatus from blogging, I’ve finally returned! I promise I am going to try to do better!



Life has been hectic with this sweet little four month old. She got her shots last week, and her ears pierced this week! I was so surprised at how she handled both of them with little to no crying! I know there has been a lot of negativity regarding getting her ears pierced so young, but trust me; I AM NOT the first parent, nor will I be the last to do such a thing. I had my ears pierced at age 9, and I remember how much of a tomboy I was. Those things were infected and had to be surgically removed within a couple of months.



I also have several friends who say they’re so glad their parents did it because they would have been too scared to do it at an older age, even though they would have wanted them done. Not that I feel the need to defend myself with the choices I make for MY child, but for other moms who are worried but thinking about getting their child’s done…Don’t worry, just do it. If it’s not your thing, that’s fine. Again: MY child, MY choices. You can rest assured that I would never make any choices that would harm her in any way, shape, or form, whether in the present or future.



On to the next! Friday was Valentine’s Day, and I made a few things for my daughter’s class. Bowties for the boys and a hair bow for the other girl. I clipped them to a card that said “You’re BOW-dacious, Valentine!” I’m so glad everyone loved them! I thought about making burlap bowties, but I went with blue seersucker to be on the safe side since it’s more universal.



Whitney and I made some bows the other day…Well, I made one, she made two. I think we’re both just a little excited for our babies to be wearing their super cute summer and spring clothes soon. Could MudPie make their stuff any cuter? I just don’t think anyone can top the cuteness level of MudPie. I just wish her stuff would hurry up and get here and that the warm weather would just make up its mind to stick around.

 Here are some pictures of her earrings and the Valentines I made!





Until next time, y’all.

No comments:

Post a Comment